Gross anatomy is one of the very basic and important subject of medical sciences. For each medical student, it is a must to have a good knowledge of human anatomy i.e a good knowledge of structure of human body. Because without it, it is very difficult to understand other clinical subjects. Therefore a good book of gross anatomy is needed. For this, there are various standard/international books that we have already reviewed like: snell clinical anatomy, gray’s anatomy and clinically oriented anatomy are available.
But today, we are going to review an Indian book of gross anatomy. This book is called Bd Chaurasia human anatomy volume 1 pdf which is about the gross anatomy of upper limb and thorax. There are two more volumes which cover the remaining regions of human body.
Below i will give my brief review of 1st volume of this book along with some features of it. Also, you will be able to download this volume in pdf format for free at the end of this review.
Recommended: Read our Review of Bd Chaurasia General Anatomy Handbook.
BD Chaurasia Human Anatomy Volume 1: Upper Limb & Thorax Review:
As we have reviewed the general anatomy book of this author, we had mentioned that this is one of the best selling author for anatomy book in not only India but in Asia as compared to other Indian anatomy books.
This gross anatomy book by bd chaurasia is considered one of the Standard book in Asia for gross anatomy. Not only in asia, but it is also used in all parts of the world.
As this book is divided to three volumes, it shows that this book is one of the most detailed gross anatomy book.
Features of BD Chaurasia Human Anatomy Volume 1 pdf:
Here are some of the features of the first volume of this anatomy book:
- The first and foremost thing about this book is that, it is one of the most of detailed book. As this single volume out of three is only about upper limb and thorax.
- Only two units i.e upper limb and thorax are covered in 456 pages which shows that it is very detailed book.
- This human anatomy book is written by BD Chaursia, who is a well known anatomy auther for this book as well as general anatomy handbook.
- There are multiple additions of this human anatomy book which means that this is a frequently updated book.
- There are best anatomy illustration including dissections that makes it easy for students to learn the gross anatomy.
Download Bd Chaurasia Human Anatomy Vol 1 pdf:
You can download ” BD Chaurasia human anatomy volume 1: Upper limb and thorax” pdf free below: